Shawn's Stuff

My life with the occasional political or sports talk.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Shameful

This union is giving other unions a bad name.

I believe in unions. I believe they are necessary and do a tremendous amount to preserve the lives and well being of those who companies could use and abuse... and thsoe who WERE used and abused before unions. The problem is the sense of entitlement that some of them display in cases like this. The lack of respect for the lives they themselves are impacting.

Also, the other problems occur when unions become major corporations themselves, like the CAW, and start to ignore the interests of the common worker.

In any event, this story is shameful. To cause this much havok, strand that many people who were going to their jobs and who need transit for their lives WITHOUT any notice? That's the act of a group that is supposed to care about people's well being.

Disgusting.

5 Comments:

At 7:15 p.m., Blogger sarah said...

yeah, they should have atleast given some notice. I got sorta screwed today. the city was a mess though! even just walking around you could sense the different atmosphere.

 
At 10:57 p.m., Blogger Shawn said...

Hey you found it. Wasn't sure if anyone would notice I was double posting again.

I thought of you when I saw this. How do you get around without public transit?

Obviously they should have the right to hold bargaining chips, but not the way they did it.

 
At 8:45 p.m., Blogger sarah said...

I walked to work... was about 20 minutes late. They weren't mad, but it was hot as hell. yeah, I didn't want to feel sorry for myself because I want to respect the hard working people that work for the TTC, but their surprise strike was uncalled for. I think they were pretty mad at people though because drivers have been assaulted when they try and force people to pay fairs. There seems to be a lot of animousity between everyone.

 
At 8:46 p.m., Blogger sarah said...

haha, i mean fares.

 
At 9:00 a.m., Blogger Shawn said...

You're only a 20 minute walk from the City building? Or was that for your other job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home