Shawn's Stuff

My life with the occasional political or sports talk.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

London Calling

Today I'm off to Toronto to get on a plane and fly to Europe for the very first time.

It still hasn't sunk in since I got up at 4 this morning to work the morning shift. I really enjoy doing it the couple times I have. You get a chance to do a little bit of banter with the morning host - something I havn't done very much of so it's clearly a work in progress - but I enjoy that.

I also get to do my news LIVE while most of my stuff is usually recorded. Today has been a nice surprise since I've gone through the morning live with only one minor flub. Given how little I do live shifts that pleases me. I think I'm coming along.

Things are up in the air here. Lots of people leaving, lots of question marks about who will do what job. That's I guess a big part of small town radio. Some opportunities are opening up for me and honestly I have no idea what my schedule is going to be like here by the time I get back.

Still I'm excited to see what happens. I think I could be working most afternoons sometime soon. Maybe doing some work on the Sportstalk show. This is just me thinking out loud though, I have no real basis for that.

But all that can wait.

I'm hours away from jumping on a plane with a chance to see my beautiful, amazing girlfriend for the first time in several months. It honestly feels like Christmas Eve right now. I really can't wait.

London for 2 days, then Scottland for a few, and back to London again. Lets see what the old world is like! Adventure calls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home