Shawn's Stuff

My life with the occasional political or sports talk.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Long time...

Hey, long time no talk. I'm too ambitious. Whenever I make plans for one of my blogs I expect them to be huge great things like a whole story of my move instead of just saying it in less detail. It's a curse really. I expect too much and so instead deliver nothing. Ultimately I've been horrible at keeping in touch with my friends back in Ontario.

The update? I now have a sports talk show from 6pm to Midnight every weeknight. I am also doing play by play for hockey games now. Anyone who has known me for a long time realizes it is a dream I've had since I was a tyke. Getting to do it just feels right. I've got a great reaction for it so far too. Of course I have lots of room to grow. I'm not great at it yet, but a good response from people helps me realize this is something that I can and should do. It makes me feel like I made the right decision to take this risk and come out here.

If you're interested there are audio clips of much of what I've done on our website mountainfm.net

Just browse through the audio section and you can find interviews from my show as well as summaries of my play by play. You can also go to the BCHL website and sign up for their fan zone. It's free and has live streams of my broadcasts of Trail road games as well as archives of them.

Lately though I've kind of fallen into an old hole of mine. With late hours I stay up late and do nothing. Spend so much time in my house or at work. So little time out in fresh air doing things with real people. It's hard. Everything shuts down here after 10pm when I could get off work. People are asleep and places are closed. How do I find myself a social life to keep me sane so I don't fall into a huge personal funk outside of my work life? That's my battle right now. Weekends also seem to get filled up with hockey games (which I of course am enjoying) so there isn't a ton of time or space for a social life. Plus some changes in things around here... well anyway the social networks I started building can't really function the way I hoped they would be able to with my new job and other changes that went on here. So it's tough. I like to think I'm easy to get along with but seems like since I've moved from Ottawa friends having come as easily as I hoped they would. Not to downplay or downgrade the ones I do have, because I have mae some good ones... just I find there are way too many days where I have nothing to do and no one to see. Guess I have to put more work into it, eh?

I did have a nice thanksgiving dinner with Cassie and her boyfriend Chris. One thing I find whenver the holidays come around I seem to know people cool enough to want to make me feel like I'm not alone. Thanks to them for that.

Kind of a short update but there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home