Shawn's Stuff

My life with the occasional political or sports talk.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

There's a road that keeps on calling me...



I'm going to be home next weekend.

For the first time since December 8th, 2005 I'll be in Ottawa. I can't believe it's taken this long. I'd never been away from home for longer than 3 weeks before. It probably won't sink in until I get home. I mean, I've been home sick for a couple of months, but it still hasn't sunk in exactly how long it's been since I've been there.

I'm more of a home body than most too, so this means a lot.

You know what else is fun about this? My parents just got their puppy this weekend. He's a Portuguese Water Dog and they've named him Rileigh. He's a couple of weeks younger than Mowgli, but that's all. Dad says he's all ready adjusting very well too. I hear he's whining less than my dog is at the very least. Damn him. It'll be neat to raise puppies together. At least it's not babies!

It'll also be nice to see anyone I havn't yet seen. God though, seeing all my friends every weekend again is going to make me home sick.

Mather and Dana stopped by on Friday night for dinner. It wouldn't be Mather if he wasn't at least an hour late. It was really nice though, again just to get to chat and hang out and relax with people I'm really comfortable with. We're having a BBQ tonight and they may show up, so that'll be nice.

Finally, it'll mean I'm taking Amy home. I don't want to think about that really. Our past few weeks have been our best. We're starting to get into a groove living together, and just like that it's going to be over. I'm going to miss Tinker too, but I'm really going to miss Amy. That's a given I really don't even have to say it. I'm not looking forward to that at all - but I'm glad I get to see her off.

So let me know what you're all up to next weekend. Shawn'll be back! Sometime Friday afternoon until Sunday or Monday.

RANDOM THOUGHT: Stolen form the Globe comments website on the banning of liquids on flights... "The next terror plot will involve bombs being woven into fabric. I look forward to flying nude."

1 Comments:

At 1:16 p.m., Blogger Darren McEwen said...

LOVE that comment. Char and I were walking the other day and said how we couldn't wait till it's all nude, all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home