Shawn's Stuff

My life with the occasional political or sports talk.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Some TV Watching

I love the internet. My schedule doesn't really permit me to watch shows as they actually happen. Who wants to keep track of that shit anyway? However, the internet allows me to watch things when I want and often times all in a row. For instance, thanks to a website called TV Links I just watched the whole second season of Veronica Mars that I missed. Excellent stuff, that show being cancelled just sucks. The nice thing about early graves for shows like it, Arrested Development and others is that they never "jumped the shark" so at least I'll only have good memories.

Anyhow, a couple of shows I think people should watch that my wise young friend Lindsay turned me on to.

Californication: David Duchovny stars as a cliche (writer who has writer's block) stuck in Hollywood on a booze and chick bender after being dumped by his long time quasi-wife with whom he has a kid. Fun characters and dialogue. It's got some cheezy stuff in there, but I was entertained enough to watch 7 consecutive episodes in one night. I recommend it.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: A group of old friends who own and operate a moderately successful bar. Again it's a cliche concept but it's a fun show that I've enjoyed. Characters and dialogue are more important than originality of concept IMO.

Chuck: I've only watched one episode of this show so far, but it was a good one. Quirkly characters and a pretty original concept. We'll see how far that carries it. One show isn't enough to say it'll be good, but it's worth watching.

Also recently rented the first season of Battlestar Gallactica after being told how good it was forever by my friends from back home. It was as good as they hyped it to be. I'll have to catch up on the rest of the series now before they cancel it.

Don't forget the old more recent classics like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Veronica Mars, Arrested Development... those are avaliable on DVD now for you to enjoy. Or the website I linked to. Either way.

Anything you've been watching that is worth passing on?

Two posts in a couple of hours, I'm on fire! If anyone remembers to check...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home